Study, Work & Careers
I was “B” magazine’s careers expert for a year, advising readers on their workplace dilemmas. I’ve also contributed to the Guardian’s Office Hours section. Student finance is also a big topic and I’ve written about funding university, student cash, student insurance and other issues relevant to young people studying or starting work.
- The Guardian: Leaving gifts
- The Guardian: Why age is a state of mind
- The Guardian: Every applicant over 45 was as good as binned
- The Guardian: Christmas decorations
- Lifetracks.com: Surviving your first term at uni
- Lifetracks.com: Surviving on a student budget
- Lifetracks.com: Negotiating a payrise
- Lifetracks.com: Higher education options
- Orange.co.uk: Beware bank bribes
- Orange.co.uk: Student loans soar by a third
- Lovemoney.com: Watch out for this recruitment scam!
- Independent on Sunday: Unemployed and over-50s grab financial lifeline offered by direct selling
- The Guardian: Self-employment: How to set up as your own boss
- The Guardian: Self-employment: What financial services do you need?
- The Guardian: Self-employment: How to find funding and finance for your business
- The Guardian: Self-employment: How to set up your company website
- Lovemoney.com: Jury service: what it means for your money
- The Guardian: Freelance or self-employed? Here’s how to survive